- About Us
- Contact Us
- New School
- Email Login
PIAM Use Policy
Access to your child’s grades and attendance through the MMS Parent Portal is being provided to you as another form of communication with teachers and administrators. More importantly, it is to help all of us in our efforts to support your child’s education. Please read these guidelines carefully and fill out the attached “Request for PIAM Access” form. Usernames and Passwords will be distributed following a brief orientation held by Essex Agricultural and Technical High School faculty.
Acceptable Use Guidelines:
1. Username and passwords are to be kept confidential.
a. The district accepts no responsibility in the event the username and password is shared, given, stolen, or in any other way, becomes the possession of a person other than the parent/guardian.
b. In the event a username/password is compromised, the parent/guardian can contact the school to have the password changed.
c. If you forget your username and/or password, you will be required to fill out a written request for the school. Forms can be obtained in the office or downloaded from the school website.
2. Only one username and password will be issued per student when their signed agreement is returned to the school. It is your responsibility to determine which parent(s)/guardian(s) will be able to access records.
3. All technical concerns about Parent Portal should be addressed to Kyle Jones phone 774-0050 ext. 202 or by email at kjones @agtech.org.
a. The school district does not provide technical support for your home/work computer system
b. Users must realize that email and other communications via the internet are not guaranteed to be private.
4. We have the capability to monitor Parent Access. The Parent Access Log lists date of login, time accessed, and duration of login (in minutes).
5. So that we can facilitate your student’s development of proactive, increasingly more independent work habits, you are strongly urged to adhere to the following protocol in the order listed for concerns regarding your child’s grades:
a. Speak with your child
b. Have your child talk to his/her teacher for clarification
c. Check teacher’s grading policy posted on his/her course page.
d. Send one email or call the teacher and expect a response by the end of the following school day.
e. Parent/guardian may request a team meeting through the Guidance Department.
6. Even though you will be able to check grades 24 hours a day / 7 days a week, teachers generally post their grades within approximately 7 school days of the date the assignment is due. Some assignments may take longer to grade.
Please be patient and do not contact teachers requesting a grade sooner than what is outlined above.
7. Final Quarter grades will be posted on the day Report Cards are sent home.
8. Attendance concerns should be addressed by calling the school office at (978)774-0050 x220.
1. I understand that the school district is providing this access as a privilege, and if it is abused, my account will be suspended and/or terminated.
2. I understand that the Essex Agricultural and Technical High School is not liable for any damages to my personal equipment incurred when connected to the MMS Parent Portal System.